A. The Student Commission meetings will be held in the Large Community Room at Westlake Village Civic Center. (31200 Oak Crest Drive, Westlake Village, CA 91361)
- April 29, 2017 Meeting from 3 to 5 pm
- May 20, 2017 Meeting from 2 to 4 pm
- June 4, 2017 Meeting from 4 to 6 pm
B. Past Events
- 2016 Summer Reach Out Project
- Participating in a cultural enrichment program could be a life changing experience. It not only broadens the view of volunteer students and campers but also provides opportunities to gain new skills and knowledge.
- The program aims to help increase the understanding and curiosity of other cultures, as well as ignite the campers’ desires to learn other languages and broaden their social horizons.
- It emphasizes embracing cultural diversity and racial inclusion at young age.
Participating Conejo Valley USD/University Center Camps:
- Earths Summer Camp on August 5, 2016
- Madrona Summer Camp on August 8, 2016.
1. Please join us to congratulate our CVSCers’ achievements at the 2017 FBLA State Leadership Conference.
- Benjamin Yang -1st Place Banking and Financial Systems (Team Event)
- Andy Jin -California State President, Gold Coast Section President, 3rd Place Public Speaking II, and 5th Place American Enterprise Project (Chapter Event)
- Katelin Zhou -Gold Coast Section Public Relations Officer and 5th Place American Enterprise Project (Chapter Event)
2. Congratulations to Andy Jin and his team for obtaining the honorable mention for the award in the Moody’s Mega Math Challenge Competition! His team placed in the top 8% of the 1,121 teams, earning a $1000 scholarship, on their very first time in this event!
3. Please join us to congratulate our CVSCers’ achievements at FBLA Section Leadership Conference at Westlake High School on February 4, 2017
- Katelin Zhou – 1st Place, Business Law
- Benjamin Yang – 2nd Place, Personal Finance
- Andy Jin – 2nd Place, Public Speaking II
- Kevin Yu – 5th Place, Accounting II
- Andy Jin – Gold Coast Section President
4. Andy Jin was the national champion of Public Speaking I in FBLA for the 2015-2016 school year! Congratulations!
5. Alyssa Li was recognized by the Thousand Oaks City Government in it’s Youth Recognition Award Program.